In order for this to work you will need RHEV versions of qemu-kvm. The versions included in CentOS7 (my platform) don’t support the blockcopy command in virsh.
Start by dumping the xml for the domain to somewhere you can grab it again later:
[root@kvmhost ~]# virsh dumpxml guest1 > /var/tmp/guest1.xml
Make sure the domain is not persistent:
[root@kvmhost ~]# virsh undefine guest1
Domain guest1 has been undefined
The actual migration (you may wish to check that you’re not overwriting the target, highlighted in red):
[root@kvmhost ~]# virsh blockcopy guest1 /kvm/guest1.img /var/lib/libvirt/images/storagehost-NFS4/guest1.img --wait --verbose --pivot
Block Copy: [100 %]
Redefine the domain, double check it:
[root@kvmhost ~]# virsh define /var/tmp/guest1.xml
Domain guest1 defined from /var/tmp/guest1.xml
[root@kvmhost ~]# virsh dominfo guest1
OS Type: hvm
CPU time: 438.6s
Max memory: 3145728 KiB
Used memory: 3145728 KiB
Managed save: no
Security model: none
Security DOI: 0
Verify that the source file is no longer the disk in use and erase the file (if you want):
[root@kvmhost ~]# lsof | grep /kvm/guest1.img
[root@kvmhost ~]# rm /kvm/guest1.img
rm: remove regular file ‘/kvm/guest1.img’? y
More than once I’ve added a monitor or changed a monitor configuration and lost my applications to the nebulous missing screen area that once was. Almost everybody knows the secret of right clicking your taskbar icon, clicking move, then tapping an arrow key to fasten your missing window to your cursor… it’s the bomb-diggity way.
What happens when you right-click though and the familiar Alt Menu with Minimize, Maximize and Move just doesn’t appear? Some Windows windows are apparently generated without the option to bring up that menu from the taskbar. There is still a way – do your normal left click on the taskbar item for the window you’re missing, then tap Alt+Space. Tada, the familiar Alt Menu just showed up somewhere in your viewable screen area, hopefully.
Now if you have Windows that are programmed without taskbar entries – good luck. I haven’t encountered it yet, when I do I’ll update.
I fought this far too long. Generally I’m a guy who doesn’t like fiddling with root, aftermarket bootloaders and non-stock Android ROMs. At the same time I carry around 2 phones, an iPhone 5 and a Motorola Droid RAZR Maxx (Spyder or XT912 if you prefer). Because I’m spoiled by the iPhone for part of my life, waiting for simple things like search results or even the keyboard to slide up for even milliseconds can be infuriating. Android phones are like Windows computers, they seem polished and usable on day one, but as time goes on they somehow manage to get crufted up and slower than molasses. So once again I find myself dicking with my phone to make it useful in the way I want it.
The process is easier than ever on this phone, and SafeStrap allows you to do it all without ever compromising your stock Android. It’s nice to have that safety net. I got LiquidSmooth 3.0 (KitKat) going without a hitch. The phone was faster, smoother, better than ever in every way. Unfortunately I got the message in the title whenever trying to send or receive MMS It is a dealbreaker. After fiddling with apns-conf.xml, build.prop, loading 3rd party messaging apps, and spending countless hours flashing, reflashing etc. I found the only solution ended up backing out to JellyBean, I used Eclipse which was fine.
Determined yesterday I returned to my KitKat endeavors. There are some features in it I just don’t want to be without. I spent the same countless hours doing the same things. There are hundreds of people on the Internet with apparently the same problem, but no silver-bullet sort of solution pops up. For me that silver bullet was as simple as changing my “Preferred network type” setting from Global to CDMA+LTE/EVDO. That was it!!! I even tried it on a couple of different ROMs just to make sure.
Hopefully someone else finds this and saves themselves the same amount of time troubleshooting that I did. It would make sense for me to revisit the countless threads on different forums scattered across the net and put my findings there, unfortunately it’s just not going to happen. Hopefully this post finds it way to the top of the Google heap.
The top Google result when searching for how to uninstall an Active Directory LDS (Formerly known as ADAM) instance doesn’t seem to apply to 2012 anymore. It was more straightforward in 2008 R2 and before as each instance just showed up as a Windows Feature.
Googling the problem didn’t yield the simple solution, but it truly is simple. Before you waste a bunch of time right-clicking random crap in Server Manager and going through the add/remove features seven ways from Sunday, hopefully you found my howto here. It’s as simple as this:
Click through a few dialogue and warning boxes and you’re done.